Monday 8 April 2013

New Haven Can Wait - s02e06 - Blair

New Haven Can Wait - s02e06 - Blair

New Haven Can Wait - s02e06 - Blair by thegossiplook featuring a zipper bag

Dean: I have to say, your application is most impressive, miss Waldorf. There's just one thing I'd like to know. Tell me something about you that isn't in that packet.
Blair: Oh. Not in there?
Dean: Do you like to drive race cars? Can you cook authentic szechuan? The young lady before you told me delightful story. She was recently in a fashion show just for fun.
Blair: I know I must seem rather traditional compared to that young lady, but isn't tradition what Yale is all about?
Dean: Well, yes, but we've been trying to change that image. Too stuffy. So?
Blair: Well... I'm aware I lack some people's easy grace with strangers, and I don't exactly make  you feel like you've known me forever even though we just met. When I laugh, you might not smile just at the coquettish sound of it. And I may not be "spontaneous" or "delightful" or "full of surprises," and my hair might not sparkle when it catches the light... Everything worth knowing about me is in that folder. I made sure of it. Well, isn't there anything else you'd like to ask me? Maybe about what my plans are for tonight?
Dean: Uh, there's so much to do on campus. I'm sure you'll find something.
Blair: It was so nice to meet you.
Dean: Right. Uh, good luck then.
Blair: Oh, god.
...


Serena: Great hoaxes in archaeology-- Is that even a class?
Blair: What are you doing, Serena?
Serena: Oh, these lovely people were just showing me the course catalog.
Blair: No, here. Yale. Yale is mine.
Serena: Well, I'll admit, I came to punish you for the things you said to me this morning.
Blair: Fine. Consider me punished. You can go home now.
Serena: I actually like it here. The campus is beautiful, the people are so nice, and do you know how great the drama school is?
Blair: Of course I do. It's world-renowned.
Serena: The Dean made me realize that by being so set on Brown, I closed myself off to all other options.
Blair: Well, that's a lovely epiphany. I'm afraid it's irrelevant. It's not as if you'd actually get in here.
Serena: Hello? An intimate gathering at the Dean's house tonight? I'd be honored. Thank you.
Blair: You were invited to my gathering.
Serena: You might want to make other plans. She said I was her last call.
Blair: Of all the things-- Nate... My mom... The girls at school-- You wouldn't take this from me... Because if you do, I swear I will take you down.
Serena: I'm not taking anything from you, Blair. I was invited. And as for taking me down, I'd love to see you try.
GossipGirl: When it comes to war, the rule is never retreat, never surrender. But whoever said that never met the new Serena.
...
Blair: Hello, Shirley. I would like an invitation to the private reception at the Dean's house tonight, And you're going to get me one.
Sirley: I'm sorry. I'm not in charge of the Dean's private affairs.
Blair: I have it on good authority that you are, And I need to get back in the good graces of the Dean.
Shirley: Interviews are so stressful for you students.
Blair: Check your e-mail. 18th century. Do you know how rare a pair is from that era? I had someone at Christie's put them on hold. Just in case.
Shirley: 1100 Hillhouse avenue.
GossipGirl: Poor S. She should know B's rules by now. When someone leaves you off the list, don't get mad. Get in.
Blair: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...