Tuesday 1 November 2011

Roman Holiday - s01e11 - Serena

Roman Holiday - s01e11 - Serena

Roman Holiday - s01e11 - Serena by thegossiplook featuring elastic waist pants


Dan: Hey. What’s in the bag?
Serena: Perfection. Look, I know it’s not Christmas yet, but open it. Please. I can’t wait. I’m too excited.
Dan: Oh my.
Serena: I noticed the other day that you don’t wear a watch and then it occurred to me it’s because you don’t have a watch and you’re gonna need one to be punctual for all the meetings with editors and publishers now that you’re a fancy and apparently, self-important writer. You don’t like it. You want the brown band.
Dan: No, no, no. I love the band. I love the whole thing. It’s the most amazing watch I’ve ever seen but I can’t except this.
Serena: What? Oh yes, you can. Look, it’s more of a gift for me because I had so much fun picking it out for you. You have to.
Dan: Serena, I buy a book for my dad every Christmas. I think the most elaborate gift I’ve ever given has been a pair of rubber boots from L.L.Bean.
Serena: So then I overdid it?

Dan: I think even your underdoing it, would be overdoing it. Look, let’s set some rules, maybe some helpful guidelines.
Serena: Fine. Deadline?
Dan: Tomorrow morning. Price limit?
Serena: 50 bucks.
Dan: All right. May the best gift win.
Vanessa: Hey.
Serena: Hey.
Vanessa: If it’s any help, I can tell you Dan’s favourite used book store.
Serena: That’s okay. I think I got it.
Vanessa: Hey.
Serena: I come to you hat in hand, tail between my legs and off my high horse. I spent the entire day searching for the perfect gift for Dan. You know all the stores are closing, Christmas day is looming and… I need your help.
Vanessa: I could take this opportunity to gloat but I actually like you. So let’s get down to business. What do you have so far?
Serena: I found a first edition J.L.Hall book, original italian poster of the “400 blows” and a Montblanc fountain pen.
Vanessa: All very thoughtful.
Serena: And all exceed $50.
Vanessa: Right. Well, Dan’s not really that into things.
Serena: Which makes shopping for him kind of hopeless. The only thing he wants for Christmas is snow. It’s not like I can give him that.
Vanessa: You sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...