Saturday 22 October 2011

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Lily

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Lily

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Lily by thegossiplook featuring pink sapphire jewelry


Lily: Oh, you make a fool of the presenter, then you start a brawl, I mean, what’s next, Serena? “Girls gone wild”?
Serena: Serena Van Der Woodsen wants to work for the junior league and have two children?
Lily: It’s a society ball, Serena. You have to represent yourself well.
Serena: How is it representing myself well if it’s all lies? What happened to you between our talk and now? I did it because I knew how important it was for you and grandma and you said that if I did it, I could be myself. You don’t really want that, do you?
Lily: No, it’s not entirely true.
Serena: All you care about when people look at me is what they think of you. How am I supposed to accept myself if my own mother doesn’t accept me?
Lily: Oh, honey. Of course I accept you.
Serena: No, you don’t but let me tell you something. If I ever do have those two children, I would never do this to them. I would accept them for who they are, including who they date, no matter what, and I’d make sure they damn well know it.

Dan: What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be…
Lily: Anywhere but here, yes. So please listen to me and don’t interrupt because what I have to say is hard for me.
Dan: Okay.
Lily: When I was your age, I would have been lucky to find a guy like you and kind of did, but when it came down to it, I thought my mother knew who I was much better than I knew myself. I’m not sure exactly who my daughter is but I know who she’s become since she met you. She returns home every night at a reasonable hour. She doesn’t drink. She doesn’t do drugs. I don’t know if you’re responsible for that but I don’t think it’s a coincidence. You belong with my daughter and I think everyone should know that. Will you come with me?
Dan: Yes, Mrs. Van Der Woodsen. I would love to.
Lily: Good. And it’s Lily.
Lily: We’re not supposed to talk, remember?
Rufus: Oh, I had to. Your mother came to see me and she mentioned something about why you left me all those years ago.
Lily: Oh. Yes, well, she made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, and I wasn’t strong enough then.
Rufus: Why didn’t you tell me?
Lily: Oh, come on. You never would have understood.
Rufus: But if I had known you hadn’t actually left me for him, I … I mean, maybe…
Lily: Listen, don’t. Don’t…don’t say it. Don’t even think it.
Rufus: I can’t help myself, I never should have let you… let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...