Saturday 27 August 2011

The Handmaiden's Tale - s01e06 - Jenny

The Handmaiden's Tale - s01e06 - Jenny


Vanessa: So this Blair girl, used you as her slave?
Jenny: No, I was her handmaiden.
Vanessa: “Handmaiden” is Jane Austen for “slave”.
Jenny: She never actually said I would get to go to the ball, even if I did all those errants.
Vanessa: Unh-unh. Don’t make excuses for her. You did all that stuff. You deserve to go.
Jenny: I thought you said that masked balls are  “totally pretentious”.
Vanessa: One woman’s opinion. But if you wanna go, no Blair should keep you away.
Jenny: It’s not just Blair. I mean, I don’t have a gown.
Vanessa: My friend works in the costume department at B.A.M. We can borrow one. Next?
Jenny: I don’t have an invitation.
Vanessa: Every ballroom has a back door. What else?
Jenny: If Blair saw me, she’d be furious.
Vanessa: Then it’s a good thing you’ll be wearing a mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...